Google Adwords is an online advertising platform that drives interested people to your website.
To put it in the simplest definition, AdWords is Google’s paid advertising product. Those static and animated banners that appear at the top or side of your screen, the highlighted and prioritized Google search engine results, those are AdWords ads that a company paid for so that people will notice their business whenever they’re searching Google. In this strategy known as pay-per-click advertising (PPC), they only have to pay whenever someone clicks on the ad.
The information above can encourage you to have interest in conducting the Google Adwords marketing campaign for your business however, if you want to be involved more in the planning and optimizing of the ads with your hired agency or in house digital marketing specialist, you should learn at least these 3 Basic Things About Google Adwords
What are the benefits in advertising on Google?
Yeah, we always hear it’s a good idea to do something with the biggest search engines in the world, Google. However, here’s a list of what really to expect in Google advertising.
Benefits of Google Adwords:
- Visibility even when your website is not on top of the organic search results
- Visibility on partner sites of Google, which are relevant to your ads and market
- Ads are targeted
- It can be on mobile and other devices, for on-the move clients
What can I do as an Advertiser of Google Adwords?
Of course, being the one who is shelling out the budget, we all want to know how much control we can have to make our campaigns work. Good news is, for Google Adwords, there’s quite much that you can do.
As an advertiser, you can:
- Choose the type of ad that you want (search ads, banner ads, or even videos)
- Choose where you want it to appear
- Set your own target (location, behaviour and types)
- Allocate your own budget (how much you are willing to pay per click) and schedule, even the time of the day!
Basically, from planning to execution, you will definitely be involved and can contribute a lot on the success of failure of your ads. Let’s always aim for success of course.
Lastly, how does Google Adwords work?
To give you a quick reference, these are how Google Adwords stages that you need to complete to launch an ad:
Campaign Set Up
- Where you set your budget, bid, location, schedule and devices to use
Ad Group Creation
- Collection of ads where you set your keywords and marketing segments
- Actual text or banner ads
The concept of running ads on Google may sound easy but still, it requires expertise. If you haven’t done anything with Adwords yet, our high recommendation is you launch the first ads with Google Adwords experts.
Should you need one, feel free to contact our team, Ginger Camel Digital, and we’ll be happy to help you launch your first successful Google Ad!